Friday, May 29, 2009

Leaving Facebook

After accumulating (exactly) 300 contacts over the past 2.5 years, I am deactivating my Facebook account as of 5/30/2009 due to its newly adopted Statement of Rights and Responsibilities § 4.4, which denies membership to "a convicted sex offender." Since Facebook has been an integral part of my social life over the past 2 years, I am scrambling to find a way to keep in touch with my wider circle of friends without it. I have a Twitter account that I infrequently use and a MySpace account I never use. (I also have a private blog I use to keep track of my spiritual progress, but I'm not sharing it with the public.)

So using Blogger in conjunction with FriendFeed is my (first?) attempt at trying to maintain some connection with old and new friends without Facebook. I'm not optimistic that it'll turn out well, but here it goes anyway...

No comments:

Post a Comment