Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Angela Davis & Michelle Alexander fundraisers for A New Way of Life Reentry Project

My employer, A New Way of Life Reentry Project, is doing a couple of fundraiser in February.

Both events are actually free, but we ask that you donate $50/$10, respectively, for VIP Reception with Angela Davis and/or Presentation & Discussion with her following. And part (about 1/3) of the proceeds from the sale of The New Jim Crow will go to A New Way of Life Reentry Project.

A New of Life Reentry Project's executive director had talked with Angela Davis during her visit to Orange County for 2009 presidential fundraising about the possibility of the former black panther's fundraising for A New Way of Life Reentry Project, and she agreed. So here it is.

As for Michelle Alexander, my executive director (and the executive director of WLCAC) liked her book so much that they invited her to come out to do a book signing event.

Sunday, February 21, 2010
WLCAC, Phoenix Hall
10950 South Central Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90059
2-3pm : VIP Reception with Angela $50
3-5pm : Presentation & Discussion $10

(2) Michelle Alexander (author of The New Jim Crow, previously discussed here)
Thursday, February 25, 2010
WLCAC, Freedom Hall
10950 South Central Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90059
I hope to see you there.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Josh :) Thanks for inviting me to this fundraiser. I'm sorry I will not be able to make it. I hope you're doing well and I'm going to follow you now (on blogspot.. not in life. hahaha).

    ReplyDelete